SUPPORTING YOUR SCHOOL
The Academy relies on extensive donations of time and resources to keep tuition accessible to families of all income levels. Active parent support in our fundraising efforts are essential to help children have the best educational experience possible. At the same time, we wish to be sensitive to the individual financial situations of our school families. This year, we are participating in several programs that enable you to you support the school financially with the everyday purchases you already make.
START WITH SCRIP!
Currently, the primary fundraising tool used by the school is the purchase of scrip for everyday purchases–by parents, grandparents and other family friends.
Scrip cards are purchased and operate like cash. Scrip cards are available through a national provider and are available for dozens of local retailers. Grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants and retailers are included on the diverse list of Scrip participants. The program pays a percentage back to the school, so dollar for dollar, Capitol Hill Academy sees financial benefits.
For example, a family buying a $100 scrip card to a grocery store will receive a $100 value in the form of a gift card. The grocery store contributes 5% or $5.00 of the gift card’s face value to the school. The percentage varies by retailers ranging anywhere from 1% to 10%. If the average family normally spends $300 a month on groceries alone, that can mean $150 per year per family going to support the school. Gas purchases alone can make a significant contribution. Plus, American Express gift cards can even cover the daily, incidental purchases you make and earn 2% for the school.
Again, no additional purchases outside your existing family budget are required. In fact, the Scrip program can assist families to further budget monthly expenditures, as you can easily assign set spending to categories such as food, gas, dining and clothing as you buy scrip for each area.
It’s a small inconvenience that can make a very big difference for the school. While many private schools in the area require families to buy $200 or more in scrip each month, we simply ask that you use scrip to make all your purchases at participating retailers. If you haven’t yet signed up, please sign up today!
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- CHARITABLE GIVING Since we are a 501(c)(3), we are able to accept donations from all company match programs as well as the United Way. Please make Capitol Hill Academy your charity of choice for these programs.
- Creating an AmazonSmile account and designating Capitol Hill Academy as your charity of choice returns .5% of all of your Amazon purchases to the school. You just need to make sure that you sign into smile.amazon.com before you shop.
- General Mills Box Tops for Education: Drop box tops in the top drawer in the front lobby. See site for all the ways to earn.
- Campbell’s Labels for Education: Drop labels in the middle drawer in the front lobby. See site for all the ways to earn.
- Recycling used printer cartridges: Drop used cartridges in the bottom drawer in the front lobby.
- Smiths Earn and Learn Program: When you link your Smiths savings card with our school online, every purchase you make gives back to our school. Have a card? Click the link to connect to the school. If not, pick one up on your next visit to Smiths.
Volunteers and parents also seek the assistance of organizations and individuals with the resources to support the mission of Capitol Hill Academy on behalf of the school. Both financial and in-kind donations are appreciated and enable the school to continue to provide world-class educational opportunities to children in Salt Lake City, regardless of economic status.
If you are interested in supporting Capitol Hill Academy, please contact us. You may also make an immediate, tax-deductible financial donation by clicking below.